Vista Eye Care is proud to work with Food for Hope to help feed hungry children in Adams County. Over 14,000 students in the Adams 12 School District are dependent upon their school for adequate nutrition throughout the week. Roughly 1,200 of these children are classified as homeless. Food for Hope’s goal is to fill the hunger gap that presents itself every weekend.
Vista Eye Care has a food donation bin located just inside our front door. Please feel free to donate food to this great cause. The current food needs are as follows:
- Canned fruit (light syrup)
- Canned vegetables, low or not sodium
- Canned chicken, salmon, or tuna
- Peanut butter
- Canne dbeans (low or no sodium)
- Whole wheat, corn, or flour tortillas
- Granola/protein bars
- Applesauce (no sugar added)
- Oatmeal (box of individual packets)
- Whole grain cereal (box of individual servings)
- Beef stew / hearty canned soups
In addition to donating food at Vista Eye Care, you can also help Food For Hope’s mission these ways:
- Visit Food for Hope’s website – Their website has excellent tools to help you donate to help feed the children.
- Donate food directly to Food for Hope – More information is available on their website for the food drop-off location and hours.
- Donate money at Vista Eye Care – The next time you are in our office, we have a Food for Hope donation box at our front desk for your convenience.
For more information, visit Food for Hope’s website here!